American School Programs
# Sitemap # Colleges in the USA Colleges in the USA Network
# in Oklahoma
American School Programs
Do I need a student visa to # in the US?
Yes. All foreign nationals intending to # in the US need a student visa.

What type of visa do I need?
Most non-US citizens coming to # in the United States will need an F-1 (non-immigrant) student visa. Other visa types are also authorized for those who # in the US. The # # visa types are:
  • F-1, or Student Visa: This visa is the most common for those pursuing academic studies in the United States. It is for people aiming to # at an accredited US college or university or to # English at a university or intensive English language institute.

  • J-1, or Exchange Visitor: This visa is for people participating in an exchange visitor program in the US. The "J" visa is for educational and cultural exchange programs.

  • M-1, or Student Visa: This visa is for those who are pursuing non-academic or vocational # or training at an institution in the US.
What do I need to apply for an American student visa?
To start, you will need a letter of acceptance from an approved American educational institution. Once you have your letter of acceptance, you can begin your application.

When should I apply for my student visa?
You should apply as soon as you have the letter of acceptance from your educational institution. The time needed to process applications may vary depending on the visa office. You should allow as much processing time as you can.

How do I know if I need a medical examination to # in the US?
You will need a medical examination if you are coming from a designated country, or if you will be studying or working in a school, hospital, daycare centre or other facility where it is important to protect public health. Your local visa office will be able to tell you if you need the exam, and the closest designated medical doctor who can perform it.

What happens if I lose my # permit?
You can get a replacement by contacting US Citizenship and Immigration (USCIS).

I am already in the US and have a valid # permit. I would like to change my school or program of studies. What do I need to do to modify my # permit?
If you are enrolled in a post-secondary program, you may change your school, level, program and field of studies without applying for a new # permit.

Can I return home or travel outside of the US during my studies?
If you are from a designated country and you travel out of the US, you will need a multiple-entry visa to re-enter the US. To re-enter the US, you will need a valid passport and travel documents, and a valid student visa.

Can I work while studying?
You may be able to work either part- or full-time during your studies, depending on the employer.
# in Oklahoma
#Quick Links
# in Oklahoma
US Student Visas
College Programs
  College Programs Type of Visa You Need
  College Programs Before You Apply
  College Programs Who Can Apply
  College Programs How To Apply
  College Programs After Applying
  College Programs Medical Examination Requirements
  College Programs Educational Advising/Information Centers
  College Programs Visa Offices In The USA
  College Programs Visa Offices Outside The USA
  College Programs American Embassies
  College Programs Working As An International Student
  College Programs Extending Your Stay
  College Programs Common Questions About Student Visas To America
  College Programs Return to #
Grad Schools and Programs
# in the USA
Colleges in the USA In the Spotlight
# in the USA
Colleges in the USA
Southern Oregon University
Ashland, Oregon
Southern Oregon University Southern Oregon University (SOU) is a contemporary public liberal arts and sciences university with a growing national reputation for excellence ...
# in the USA
Colleges in the USAVirtual Tours
# in the USA
Grad Schools USA
Take a Virtual Tour of a featured College in the USA
Take a Tour Campus e-tours allow students to view the facilities and student life at featured Universities, Community Colleges and ESL Schools in the USA, giving you the opportunity to see what the schools looks like, as well as facts about the campus, courses, etc. Once you’ve completed your tour you can read the in-depth profile to get more detailed information, or click the Request FREE Info link to request specific information such as scholarships and financial aid directly from that institution.

Virtual Campus Click here to view Virtual Tours of Featured Colleges in the USA

# in the USA
Colleges in the USARequest FREE Info!
# in the USA
Grad Schools USA
Request FREE info directly from featured Schools.
Featured institutions want to send you more information on their programs.
Click here to receive free information directly from the school. To see a complete list of featured schools, click here.
Note: Your request is sent directly to the institution and is not maintained on this website. Your privacy is completely protected.
Colleges in the USA Colleges in the USA Colleges in the USA
American Colleges and Programs
American Colleges and Programs
Copyright © 2001-2011 The EI Group
American Colleges and Programs
American Colleges and Programs
American Colleges and Programs
American Colleges and Programs
The EI Group
American Colleges and Programs

American  Schools and Programs